Monday, October 19, 2015

Mobile Expedition

Here is write-up for my short expedtion on HF 14.315kc.
The following "image" inspired me to make my own experiments, which I was post-poning for sometimes.
vu2mau_7388_Small_Emergency Mobile
After hearing from the GJ1-CD-7388 mobile of VU2MAU. I was inspired. Why I also don't put the receiver on my bike.

As I did not want to be big eye-catcher and explain to the public and police what and why I have put antenna on my bike ??? he he. But, first time I took my original license with me to make them understood in case I find some idiots.....

So I took a 1 meter telescoping antenna, put it onto the small direct conversion receiver. See my blog for xtal controlled ra3aae poliakov 20 meter receiver. I used three 4.4 volt battery to arrive at 12 volt. So receiver was ready,concealed into a cloths carry bag I checked signal upto 6 km. It clearly gives me the beep beep on 14.315kc. Wow ! tx was pumping 20 watts, antenna was dipole, I did not care for SWR. It should be around 2.7 to 3.0 a very high but okey for me. It was a very nice experience. Almost at all places the signal report I gave was 55 to increasing into 59 at one heigh place and near my qth... So, good experience. I will make proper quarter wave antenna and another direct conversion receiver with good gain.... will see how far my ground wave goes. This auto-beep for testing is the penalty for being lonely and only hams....

If I make the 40 meter transmitter 7059kc and test them, its possible that I might reach my friend at 100km with 20 watts.. Waiting to hear from other friends what is their experience with vertical antennas for mobile use.....

10 December 2015
I find this article very useful... have a look for portable antenna.... http://www.zerobeat.net/g3ycc/yccwhip.htm